Job Title: Agency Advocate
Department: Agency Operations & Services
Reports to: Director of Operations
Status: Exempt (salaried)
Under the general direction of the Director of Operations, the Agency Advocate is directly responsible for agency development and consulting services of all member agencies (ISM).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Agency Development: Using experience, work with designated member agencies focusing on growth and development opportunities.
a. Facilitate ISM onboarding for all new agencies on systems, processes and SIAA services
b. Oversee implementation of the Agency Foundation Program for new start-up members
c. Work with existing members, focusing on increasing premium penetration with Strategic Partner Companies
d. Successfully manage Business Insurance Advantage with agencies enrolled in program
e. Bring a high degree of sales acumen and relative experience
f. Provide coaching and feedback to agencies on their prospecting and marketing plans
g. Coordinate and conduct regular visitations with ISMs to review sales opportunities and member services including utilization of SIAA Income Calculator
h. Be the expert on the PL comparative rater
i. Conduct a pre-determined amount of agency assessments per month
j. Use follow up process and procedures with agencies to track progress.
k. Document all ISM visits using the Agency Call Report
l. Other duties as directed
m. Meeting and Webinar Participation
n. SIAA Marketing Services
ii. Target Marketing
iii. Storefront Usage
o. Manage the promotion and participation of The Learning Center (TLC )
p. Promote usage of Capital Premium Finance
q. Other vendors as priorities determined
Additional Skills and Attributes
1. Attend insurance company meetings. Review company materials and products and distribute information to ISMs and staff as needed
2. Responsible for working collaboratively with others (internally and externally) to achieve common objectives, goals and results
3. Attend monthly SMA Management Meeting
4. Other duties as directed by executive management
Essential Behavior Requirements
• These behaviors are based on SMA Group’s cultures and values critical to support the mission of the organization.
• Create value for our agencies and we create value for ourselves
• Focus on commitments and profitability with SPCs
• Go the extra mile to give members knowledgeable advice and service to maximize their benefit and create value
• Deal with our members keeping an eye on profitability for them and for ourselves
• Treat ISMs like partners
Pursue new growth opportunities for ISMs, our companies, and ourselves
• Select business relationships carefully
• Build long-term relationships based on honesty and integrity
• Strive for the best image and reputation
• Take ownership in all that we do
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four year College or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Notes: Property and casualty insurance company, wholesale insurance, and/or agency experience required. Ability to travel. Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment. Comfortable with independent work as well being a team leader. Must have ability to communicate effectively one–on-one and to larger groups via multiple mediums.
Must successfully complete the Profiles Sales Assessment - Performance Model Analysis
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Property and Casualty License and Designations preferred, but not required.
Percentage of time spent working in the following conditions: this position has no exposure other than that typically experienced in an office environment.
This job description has been reviewed with the employee and the employee understands that they can go to their supervisor or other manager if they have questions about the content of their job description.
Client HQ is South Carolina POSITION IS GEORGIA TERRITORY/POSITION I REMOTE