Title: Account Manager - Specialty Division
Reports to: Direct Supervisor
Assist technical brokerage team with administrative support, account servicing, professional communication, and customer facing interactions. The role supports new and renewal business clients and both stock throughput and technical property as well as other new product lines. We are seeking a positive, proactive team player to create efficiencies, streamline operations and assist in and improve the account management process and resulting customer experience.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 2-5 years ’ insurance and account management experience.
Essential Functions/ Primary Responsibilities:
- Maintain day to day account service responsibilities to support efficiency and flow of business;
- Review account quotations, binders and policy forms for accuracy prior to releasing to clients;
- Assist brokerage team in the request, follow up and issuance of policy endorsements to ensure timely and correct completion from the insurance carrier;
- Create and maintain client and carrier communications in account management system. This includes the initial set-up and closure of account, documenting pertinent data for tracking and report issuance, include quotes, binder and policies and file system. Verify data is accurate and complete;
- Invoicing, tracking and follow up for payment of premium, additional / return premiums for account transactions;
- Monthly communication of renewal solicitations for expiring accounts 120 days in advance of date of expiration;
- Manage the service inbox consisting of endorsement requests, loss run requests, and general account inquiries;
- Create loss summaries and rate tracking system for casualty placements;
- Oversee and maintain office supplies and marketing information;
- Builds and maintains relationships with production and brokerage personnel to provide timely and proactive customer service to client team and peers;
- Standardize file maintenance process to create efficiencies and eliminate duplication of efforts;
- Support travel arrangements for Account Management team member;
- Assist with the creation and implementation of marketing materials, external communication and presentations.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machine.
High-pressured, fast-paced environment with significant telephone and personal disruption. Large number of steps in complex system performed with accuracy and speed is essential to the successful completion of tasks.
This job description is intended to describe the level of work required by the person performing the work of the positions and physical requirements normal to the position. Principal duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties and other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support principal duties. This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change and revision as needs arise. Any written contractual agreements will supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified reasonably to accommodate physically or mentally challenged staff members.
Salary: Commensurate with experience