Licensed P&C and L&H Agent/customer service representative
executive operations manager
Position description: The customer service representative is a mid- level position that provides support for all members of the insurance team from producers, to the account manager, to the executive operations manager. The person that fills this position must be detail oriented, efficient, and computer literate as well as being able to adhere to strict confidentiality and deadline standards. This position interacts with customers and underwriters as well as fellow staff to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve issues.
- Opening mail and date stamp
- Preparing files for account manager to start renewal process
- Quoting in carriers’ systems
- Sending out certificates
- Setting up files for new business
- Handling prospect and client information in Applied System (TAM)
- Inputting data for all follow ups for producers
- Assisting account manager, producers, and executive operations manager
- Answer phone for association and agency
- Willingly perform other duties as assigned
- Must be licensed in property, casualty, life and health
- 2 years customer service in the industry is a must.
- Patience, determination, and diplomacy
- A “people” person with good social skills and the ability to act as a go-between for the different parties—clients, producers, underwriters, and managers
- Able to handle complaints and negotiate a favorable outcome.
- Able to say “no,” can take criticism from others, and provides constructive input to resolve problems.
- Work effectively both with and without direct supervision and efficiently in a team environment as well as independently.
- Good social skills and the ability to act as a go-between for the different parties
- Knowledge of insurance and participating vendors, plans, and services
- Ability to be a part of a contributing member of a team
FLSA status: Full-time non-exempt position
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time to meet business demands.
Furthermore, it is our policy to seek and employ qualified persons in all jobs in a manner which will ensure equal employment opportunity, as well as administer personnel actions in a manner as to not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health, 401K
Optional disability, vision, dental